College Park Woman's Club
The College Park Woman’s Club is an all-volunteer, not-for-profit service organization working to support our community with educational, cultural, charitable, and social programs, while preserving our historic building.
The Club was founded as a study club of 15 members in 1896 when the Southern Female College moved their school to College Park. By the 1920s the membership had grown and they wanted a place large enough for meetings and activities. They sold bonds, engaged an architect, and dedicated their new building in 1927. We continue to maintain the building, Camellia Hall, which is one of three contributing structures for our area being named a National Historic District. The others are the Post Office and the Train Depot.
Members have been active in the community for 120 years. In the early years the club hired the first sexton of the cemetery, started the first children's playground, and supported the city developing a sanitation system. They rolled bandages for our solders during the world wars and built memorials for the fallen. They also worked to open the first high school library, and then later the first city library.
Throughout our history club members have been an important part of improving the life of this community and continue to work toward that goal. We are a diverse and welcoming group. Joining is a great way to meet and work with many talented and interesting women in this community.
On Sunday, December 3, 2017, the College Park Woman's Club celebrated the 90th anniversary of its storied location - Camellia Hall on Main Street. Community icons, friends and members of the organization joined for a festive gathering to mark yet another milestone in the great history of this organization. Click here for the video!
Applications for membership may be submitted at any time during the year. To learn more about membership, contact email@example.com.